Weddings - Terms of Service
All bridal bookings are governed by the terms of service below. We are determined to make your wedding day as stress-free as possible, from the moment you book to the moment we leave you. So please take the time to read through our terms of service below before you make your booking.
- Bridal Trial: All trials are held at Hilary's studio unless otherwise specified. The cost is $250 (plus travel depending on location if at a different location) paid on the day of the trial.
Booking & Payment
- To secure a date, a signed contract is required with a 50% non-refundable and non-transferrable deposit. Please be advised dates and scheduled times will only be reserved with a signed contract and deposit received.
- Contracted Services: The client may add to the number of makeups booked however, the number of makeups booked cannot be reduced once the contract is signed.
- Assistant fee: Parties of 6-7 persons or more or bookings with early time constraints will require an assistant/second artist and is subject to an additional fee which will be discussed with the client.
- The final balance is due one month before the event.
- Cancellation: Cancellation within 1 month (31 days) from the wedding day will result in payment due in full. In the unlikely event that the makeup artist is unable to attend the client's booking due to sickness, injury, personal emergency or any other circumstance beyond her control, the makeup artist will endeavour to find a replacement artist of a similar standard. However, finding a replacement cannot be guaranteed. If the makeup artist is unable to find a replacement makeup artist, the client will receive a full refund of monies paid, less the trial cost.
Location requirements / Parking
- Service Location and Requirements: Location of service for the day-of-event will be at the discretion of the client, however, there are certain requirements the makeup artist needs to complete the makeup services including a large table, desk or bench of regular height (not a coffee table), a high chair/stool (preferred) or regular height chair (not a low chair, sofa lounge or bed), and ample lighting whether by means of natural light or lamps.
- Parking fees: It is implied that parking will be provided at the location in which Hilary and any assistant artists will be travelling to. Due to the heavy nature of the makeup artists kit and equipment, the client will be required to cover valet parking at hotels and any parking station / meter fees closest to the location. If this fee is known it will be added in the final balance otherwise this will be added as an addendum to the final balance. Other meter parking charges also apply where free easily accessible street parking is not readily available such as but not limited to Sydney CBD, Bondi Beach, Manly Beach.
Sensitivities / Allergies
- The client removes the makeup artist from any personal responsibility if there should be any damages incurred to client and/or bridesmaid or any other party member due to sensitivity or allergic reaction from products used during services and that services as commissioned at your own risk.
- If the client or people receiving service has any allergies or sensitivities to certain makeup ingredients, makeup tools & accessories or makeup product brands, you must notify us immediately and at least 1 month before event day.
- If the client or the people to receive service is suffering from any illness (contagious or not) please notify us before the event day so that additional precautionary measures or evaluations on whether to proceed with the booking can be made.
Use of image / Social media
- It is imperative that we continue to update our portfolio and demonstrate our work to future prospective brides. By signing this contract, the client gives permission for the makeup artist to make contact with the client's wedding photographer to access their wedding photography and use it on social media platforms and for promotional purposes. Please let the makeup artist know in advance if the client does not wish want their images used for marketing purposes. We are happy to be photographed on your wedding day, however, any photo image incorporating our team in action or our makeup on the internet or on any other advertisement, must make reference or credit "Hilary Ho Makeup Artist" or tagged @hilaryho_makeupartist.